Current time: 08-21-2019, 09:55 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Installer planned for SystemC 2.3?
mwolf66 Offline

Installer planned for SystemC 2.3?
Hi,

is there an installer on MacOS 10.8 / Xcode 4.4.1 planned for SystemC 2.3 (i.e., an "upgrade" to the existing but meanwhile "aged" installer for SystemC 2.2)?

Regards
Wolfgang
08-22-2012 02:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jeff Offline
Logic Poet

RE: Installer planned for SystemC 2.3?
I was wondering how long it would take for that request. Smile Yes I just need to make a little time to do that. Will try and have it out in the next few weeks. To be honest I haven't even looked at it yet but should be able to get in and compiled pretty quick.

If anyone is really blocked or stuck and needs this urgently let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Jeff

Jeff Wilcox
http://www.logicpoet.com
08-23-2012 11:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jeff Offline
Logic Poet

I posted an installer for SystemC 2.3 for initial feedback.

Accellera helpfully offered a large number of compliance tests and all are passing now so the build for SystemC 2.3 looks solid.

I recompiled the SCV against this version of SystemC as well. SCV has not been updated in a long while (are any of you using it?) so it always takes some patching to maintain. I don't anticipate any issues here but if anyone is using this it would be good to get some feedback here as well.

The installation doesn't include SystemC-AMS, SystemC-WMS or the GreeSoCs libraries yet. I am planning on providing the AMS and WMS at least in a future installer. Let me know if you are looking for any of these.

The installer has new templates which fixed a couple of issues with the old Xcode 4 templates. You should delete the old XCode 4 templates if you installed them previously (found in the "/Developer/Library/Xcode/Templates/Project Templates/Mac/Application" directory). The new ones will get installed in the /Library/Developer area.

This build supports Lion and Mountain Lion, so no PPC support anymore.

Let me know how it goes. I depend on you guys for feedback if there are any issues.

The installer is here:
http://www.logicpoet.com/releases/systemc/SystemC_2.3_Suite.dmg

Cheers,
Jeff

Jeff Wilcox
09-03-2012 10:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mwolf66 Offline

Hi Jeff,

thanks, that's great, I will try to compile a few little projects soon.

I am not interested in SCV at all (and I don't know anybody who is using it).

However, SystemC-AMS is definitely relevant. Would be great if that one comes next Smile
Actually, SystemC-AMS is the only package I need on top of SystemC 2.3.

Thanks a lot
Wolfgang
09-03-2012 12:11 PM
Jeff Offline
Logic Poet

Thanks to Torfinn Berset for pointing out that the release of XCode 4.5 has once again broken the SystemC project templates. I have updated the templates to work around this. You can find them at the same link as above. As usual please keep any issues coming via email or whatnot.

@mwolf66 - I am working on the AMS build now. Unfortunately the authors of that library include a nice type/var ambiguity which GCC was able to deal with (via the 'lexer hack') but LLVM can't deal with. If nothing else I'll brute force this and do some renaming. So stay tuned, its coming.

Cheers,
Jeff

Jeff Wilcox
09-23-2012 05:49 PM
mwolf66 Offline

Hi Jeff,

I'm still tuned for SystemC-AMS, are there any news?

Thanks
Wolfgang
01-09-2013 06:52 AM
mwolf66 Offline

Hi Jeff,

if I understood it correctly, there is an update available from SystemC-AMS: 1.0 (no beta any more). They say:
SystemC-AMS 1.0
* compatibility to systemc-2.3.0
* bug fixes
* improved compatibility with SystemC 1.0 standard

Do you think this could help to overcome the issues that you faced with the previous (beta) version?

Download link:
http://www.eas.iis.fraunhofer.de/en/busi..._form.html

I'd appreciate if you could tell me if you plan to continue with including SystemC-AMS in your installer for version 2.3, or not. And if yes, if you've got an idea about a schedule Smile

Thanks a lot
Wolfgang
05-22-2013 07:58 AM